Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mindless numbing....

This weekend has been a whirlwind of activity, and yet nothing was accomplished!  Thursday I got news that Jenna is engaged.  She was so excited, and it was great to hear the story.  Fredy is one awesome planner.  Friday was an early day at work, but I still went non-stop from 8AM till 4PM.  I got home and spent the afternoon getting ready for the festivities.  Saturday we had a crawfish boil and an Astros game.  Like usual we were running behind everywhere we went.  Today was another Astros game and they opened up the All-Star ballets.  Minute Maid park is encouraging voting by offering prizes for filling out 50, 200, 500, 1500, and 3000 ballets.  Jakob decided that 3000 is the way to go, so we walked out of the park today with 1200 ballets to fill out.  We've spent the better part of the night punching ballets, and haven't even made a dent in the progress.

All in all, it's been a good weekend.  I enjoy staying busy and having things to do, but I am looking forward to resting now.

On another note, I planted flowers a week or so ago, and they are doing great.  By nature I have absolutely no predisposition for growing things, or keeping them alive once they are given to me.  This should be an experiment in my ability to actually contribute to the beauty that is my landscape.

This post is much less deep than the first, mostly because I'm in a more boring state of mind.  I'm hoping to have some inspiration strike soon....

No comments: