Sunday, June 14, 2009

A visit from East Texas

Well, we are recovering this weekend after having Taylor for a week. Jakob spent most of the time with her, taking her swimming, to get her nails done, and running errands. On Thursday I was able to take off half a day and we took her to the Astros game.

We also took her to the Aquarium afterwards and walked through the exhibit.

She played games, had a caricature drawn, and we had an awesome dinner!

Now that she's gone, we miss her of course. It's great when she comes to visit, because we get a small bit of spoiling, and a small dose of parenthood. I think each time she leaves Jakob is very aware of how we are not currently ready to start our family. We have so much going on during the week, and most weekends, I'm not sure how we'd manage.

That being said, I love it when she comes to visit. I get to share some of life's great secrets with her, and Jakob tells her different stories about her dad.* This is a great honor for Jakob, as he tries to provide Taylor with the bits of knowledge, humor, and love that Jeremy would have. Obviously Jakob is no substitute for her father, but he does a great job letting her know just how important she is. I know we aren't ready for kids right now, but I am blessed in knowing how great of a father Jakob will be.

*For those of you who don't know, Taylor's father passed away when she was 5 years old.


1 comment:

Lillian Robinson said...

I was just wondering when you were going to post again...

I'm assuming that is Jakob's brother that died. Sad. I didn't know he had a daughter. Of course I wasn't around Jakob a lot, but I think he's got what it takes to be a great husband and father. It's nice he has someone to practice on! Sounds like she had a great time. I have my 11-yr-old grand for the summer. I like having her around.